Saturday, October 07, 2006

Introduction

I'm a wine freak; i love tasting it, drinking it, reading about it. over time i have purchased books covering a whole range of wine related topics, including growing wine grapes, wine making, wine regions etc. i have no formal wine education, and do not work in the industry itself. the wine knowledge i have has been gathered by reading and tasting as extensively as i can.

I have always been intrigued by the wine education offered by the Institute of Masters of Wine (IMW). The Institute is an international organisation with total membership of 257 made up of 19 different nationalities since it's inception in 1953. Achieving the Masters of Wine award is quite an achievement, and something I aspire to sometime in my life.

The one small problem i have, however, is that I don't have a background in the wine industry or work in the industry at all. So I will be starting my from the ground up with the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) certification. I am planning on using this blog to record the information I gather about wine and wine information specifically following the WSET and IMW syllabi. I will also add posts about various wine related topics that I find interesting and relevant.

No comments: